Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
This position is located at the DMV Occupational Licensing (OL) Inspections Office in Hayward.
- Under the direction of the Supervising Inspector, the OL Inspector performs duties at OL Inspections Offices and at licensed business locations throughout the state; conducts in-person, onsite inspections at licensed business locations to ensure licensees and Employer Testing Program participants are in compliance with laws, regulations and departmental requirements; receives and reviews OL applications related to the issuance, modification, or termination of a license issued by DMV for completeness and acceptability; recommends issuance or denial of licenses; provides information to licensees on licensing requirements; determines the legitimacy of an applications content by reviewing the applicants’ background, validating corporation and LLC status and making physical inspections of locations; processes out of business reports including demand and pick up suplies; and interprets and applies applicable state and departmental laws, rules, and regulations.
- Communication skills; interpersonal skills; resilient; knowledge in law interpretation and licensing assessment; and cashiering skills.
- The position(s) require(s) a valid California Drivers License (CDL). You must answer the questions addressing your CDL on your application.
- Ensure you provide your CDL number, class, expiration date, and any endorsements and/or restrictions.
- The position(s) require(s) a Background Investigation be cleared prior to being hired.
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A