Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
- Direct or train employees to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards of quality and ensure compliance with all laws, safety procedures, policies and codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Maintain necessary work records including equipment records, logs, and time sheets.
- Read and interpret electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Perform a variety of electrical work such as installation, repair, alteration and maintenance of complex electrical equipment (such as automatic controls, emergency generators, switchboards, transfer switches, lighting systems, fire alarms and smoke detection systems).
- Monitor performance of equipment and inform Duty Engineer and Chief Engineer of any potential problems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical problems with equipment, replace defective parts, reassemble affected equipment and test for proper operation and safety.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, cost savings, productivity/efficiency improvements and safety improvements.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled or required on electrical equipment as recommended by the manufacturer and on site safety programs.
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
- Two years’ operating experience in a hotel Engineering department.
- Certified in Electrical Engineering is desirable
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A