Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
The Reservation Sales Agent record and process all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and converted to sales where possible to meet hotel targets. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Liaise with Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Promote the Hotel’s (and ICHG generally) products and services
- Prepare reports as requested (eg to travel agents, business houses, F&B, Daily pick up etc)
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
- Accept wait list reservations
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all ICHG Hotels in your region
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of Arabic language desired
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Advanced in writing and speaking English
- Minimum 2 years call-centre or hotel operations experience..
- Knowledge in Opera is desirable
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A